Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: BradSmith on February 06, 2008, 05:39:25 pm

Title: Apply differential adj. to many files at once?
Post by: BradSmith on February 06, 2008, 05:39:25 pm
In Develop, I've individually adjusted a number of files for each of the various adjustment parameters.  Now I've exported them for a slide show under Adobe Reader, and they have lost some contrast and a little saturation when viewed in Reader.   So, now I want to adjust all of them in Lightroom by a differential amount.  For example, I want to increase all of their different, current settings by 5 saturation and 5 contrast points in the Basic adjustment area.  

Can I do this in some way?

thanks
Brad
Title: Apply differential adj. to many files at once?
Post by: digitaldog on February 06, 2008, 05:43:09 pm
Quote
In Develop, I've individually adjusted a number of files for each of the various adjustment parameters.  Now I've exported them for a slide show under Adobe Reader, and they have lost some contrast and a little saturation when viewed in Reader.   So, now I want to adjust all of them in Lightroom by a differential amount.  For example, I want to increase all of their different, current settings by 5 saturation and 5 contrast points in the Basic adjustment area. 

Can I do this in some way?

thanks
Brad
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172819\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Quick develop and develop are different in that QD is a relative adjustment. That is, if you select multiple images of a fixed but differing renderings and apply a correction there, they all gain that adjustment relative to their original settings. So use Quick Develop.
Title: Apply differential adj. to many files at once?
Post by: BradSmith on February 06, 2008, 11:17:42 pm
Thanks.  As you said, using the controls in Quick Develop with all the images selected does what I want.  Has most of the controls.  It will suffice. Thanks again.
Brad