Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: Dinarius on February 06, 2008, 03:48:44 pm

Title: Canon 1DsMk111 and Angle Finder C
Post by: Dinarius on February 06, 2008, 03:48:44 pm
The Angle Finder C, which I originally bought for my 5D, comes with two eyepiece adapters, EC-C and ED-C.

I've read that the finder is meant to fit all EOS cameras using one or other adapter.

But, I don't want to damage anything.

Does the Angle Finder fit the Mklll with the larger of the two adapters?

Thanks.

D.
Title: Canon 1DsMk111 and Angle Finder C
Post by: Stephen Starkman on February 06, 2008, 04:01:08 pm
Yes it does fit the 1DsIII (having fitted one personally).

Stephen
Title: Canon 1DsMk111 and Angle Finder C
Post by: Tim Gray on February 06, 2008, 05:42:31 pm
yes, it does... but you can't just take if off a 1d(s)2 and put it on the 1d(s)3.  It comes with a little adapter plate (probably still in your case) that needs to be attached before it will fit.
Title: Canon 1DsMk111 and Angle Finder C
Post by: Dinarius on February 07, 2008, 01:23:18 pm
Got it thanks.

I had attached the additional adapter upside down!

Doh!  

Something I used a lot with the 5D, so great to have it again with the Mk3.

Cheers.

D.
Title: Canon 1DsMk111 and Angle Finder C
Post by: bjanes on February 07, 2008, 05:47:37 pm
Quote
Got it thanks.

I had attached the additional adapter upside down!

Doh!   

Something I used a lot with the 5D, so great to have it again with the Mk3.

Cheers.

D.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=173055\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can it be used with the Nikon D3 and D200? I've read that it comes with a number of adapters and can be used with non-Canon cameras. Are these adapters metal and solid? I have the Nikon DR-6 slip on angle finder for the D200 and there is no way to use it with the D3. The screw in DR-5 required for the D3 can be converted to slip on with a flimsy plastic adapter which is not stable, easily broken or lost, and is often not in stock.

Also the build quality of the DR-6 is not impressive. It uses a lot of plastic and I doubt the DR5 is any better.

Bill