Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: IanWorthington on February 06, 2008, 09:21:31 am
-
I'm looking for a photo printer which is good for monochrome printing, but not too expensive, preferably around the price of an ip4500.
I'd like to be able to go to A4 on it, and for the quality to be "acceptable" or better. It doesn't have to print text well, or indeed at all. Speed, at least for monochrome output, isn't an issue either, though the wife won't want to wait around all day for her colour 4x6s.
Is there anything worth considering out there?
ian
-
Last year I went out looking for an inexpensive letter sized printer for photographs, found they are very rare, more so for b&w. The Epson R800 was about the only one, at $300+. I ended up with an HP B9180, which is $589 in the US. Not Canon 4500 level at all, sorry. But a printer that does very well for color, middlin to very good for b&w. I only print letter sized paper with it, was a good solution. The thing that I really didn't like about the letter sized printer was the size of the ink tanks, extremely small and not cheap for what you get. The 27ml tanks on the HP are not large but are large enogh that you can print a reasonably number of prints before changing a cartridge.
the printer is no speed demon but your wife won't have to wait too long for color prints, about 4.5min for letter sized.
Tom
-
Ouch, that's from the equivalent of $720 over here. Totally out of the question for now.
Is there really nothing cheaper that gives even acceptable (just acceptable maybe?) results?
i
.