Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: rickshanahan on February 05, 2008, 05:22:52 pm

Title: How do I delete multiple folder?
Post by: rickshanahan on February 05, 2008, 05:22:52 pm
Hello everybody.  I have deleted a number of folders from my computer, now in LR, all the folders in the Library module on the left have turned red.  How can I update, refresh, or delete all of those without right-clicking and deleting each individual folder?  There's too many for that.

Thanks very much...
Title: How do I delete multiple folder?
Post by: kaelaria on February 05, 2008, 07:28:18 pm
Sync?
Title: How do I delete multiple folder?
Post by: rickshanahan on February 05, 2008, 09:09:41 pm
Thank you...  How do I do that exactly...?

Quote
Sync?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172583\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: How do I delete multiple folder?
Post by: Langsey on February 06, 2008, 12:10:35 am
Quote
Hello everybody.  I have deleted a number of folders from my computer, now in LR, all the folders in the Library module on the left have turned red.  How can I update, refresh, or delete all of those without right-clicking and deleting each individual folder?  There's too many for that.

Thanks very much...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172558\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Since you have deleted the photos from your computer, all you have to do is to either click on first and shift click on last red photo/file if in sequence to select in Library and then right click and click delete or ctl click on each red photo/file, not in sequence, to select the files you want to delete.

Hope I answered your question.

John
Title: How do I delete multiple folder?
Post by: jjj on February 06, 2008, 03:42:28 am
Quote
Thank you...  How do I do that exactly...?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172600\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Right/Alt Click on top level  folder and select Sync.
And every thing under that will be synced.
Title: How do I delete multiple folder?
Post by: Langsey on February 06, 2008, 10:18:38 am
Quote
Right/Alt Click on top level  folder and select Sync.
And every thing under that will be synced.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172664\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks, didn't that about the sync feature. I will have use that next time to delete a number of files.

John
Title: How do I delete multiple folder?
Post by: rickshanahan on February 06, 2008, 10:55:07 am
Thank you!  That looks like it should work, but when it opens the synchronize folder dialog box, all of the buttons on the bottom are grayed out except 'cancel'...

??

Quote
Right/Alt Click on top level  folder and select Sync.
And every thing under that will be synced.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172664\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: How do I delete multiple folder?
Post by: jjj on February 06, 2008, 11:19:44 am
Quote
Thank you!  That looks like it should work, but when it opens the synchronize folder dialog box, all of the buttons on the bottom are grayed out except 'cancel'..??
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172729\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That's because LR is thinking!
And it can take a very long time if you have 10s of thousands of images to scan through, as when synching, LR will look at every photo in folder/subfolders.
Try and synchronise a month at a time, rather than a year.
Title: How do I delete multiple folder?
Post by: rickshanahan on February 06, 2008, 12:30:48 pm
**It worked! Thanks all...**

so if I leave the dialog box sitting there, the 'synchronize' button will become not grayed out after a while...

I wish I had known about this a year ago.  

Quote
That's because LR is thinking!
And it can take a very long time if you have 10s of thousands of images to scan through, as when synching, LR will look at every photo in folder/subfolders.
Try and synchronise a month at a time, rather than a year.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172734\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]