Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: skibum187 on February 04, 2008, 06:09:15 pm

Title: HELP! - Photoshop destorying my colors
Post by: skibum187 on February 04, 2008, 06:09:15 pm
I need some serious help here. I don't even know where to begin to try and solve this problem so hopefully some of you do...

Today I went to open a couple of my master Tiffs and when I open them in PS, the colors are WAY off. Any yellowish brown tones are now VERY red.

Checked my softproof and profile settings and all is as it should be. My monitor profile is current.
When I look at them in Bridge, the colors look like they should, but not in PS. I cleared my Bridge cache, so I know the preview is current.

Any suggestions?
Title: HELP! - Photoshop destorying my colors
Post by: digitaldog on February 04, 2008, 06:33:35 pm
Recalibrate the display for one.
Title: HELP! - Photoshop destorying my colors
Post by: Paul Sumi on February 04, 2008, 06:55:15 pm
If you're using Windows and third-party hardware/software monitor calibration, make sure that Windows is not running the Adobe Gamma loader on start-up.  Basically the two will both load a monitor profile and can cause problems like you describe.

Not sure of this also applies to Mac OS X.

Paul
Title: HELP! - Photoshop destorying my colors
Post by: skibum187 on February 05, 2008, 11:24:45 am
Ok, I figured it out. I recently changed my color working space to ProPhoto from Adobe98. When I change it back to Adobe and reopen the files, they come up correct.
Title: HELP! - Photoshop destorying my colors
Post by: Tim Lookingbill on February 05, 2008, 03:27:13 pm
Quote
Ok, I figured it out. I recently changed my color working space to ProPhoto from Adobe98. When I change it back to Adobe and reopen the files, they come up correct.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172470\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Aren't you embedding color space profiles when you save your images?
Title: HELP! - Photoshop destorying my colors
Post by: marcmccalmont on February 05, 2008, 04:15:29 pm
Quote
Ok, I figured it out. I recently changed my color working space to ProPhoto from Adobe98. When I change it back to Adobe and reopen the files, they come up correct.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172470\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Make sure Photoshop color settings are correct;
edit/color settings/color management policies/preserve embedded profiles
Marc