Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: cocasana on February 04, 2008, 05:13:38 am

Title: Where the hell are those drivers!!!!
Post by: cocasana on February 04, 2008, 05:13:38 am
The printer is an Epson 3800. Then I have two Mac: an older Powerbook non Intel, and a younger one Intel. I've installed Epson's softaware on both. Well.. On the older one profiles for Epson's paper are there, on the younger one they are not there. I can't find them. I've re installed the drivers from the original CD, nothing to do. I've looked through ColorSynk: nothing o do again. I thought to copy them from one to the other but also on the older one, where I'm sure that they are there as I can softproof and print using them they must be hidden God knows where! Any advice...?
BTW looking for those ...@#]... drivers I checked the profiles I have on my computer via ColorSynk. Apparently some of them have some problems, but ColorSynk is unable to fix them. Do some of you, by any chance,  know if there's a better software for these problems? Thank you so much, Carlo
Title: Where the hell are those drivers!!!!
Post by: duraace on February 05, 2008, 06:09:10 pm
Quote
The printer is an Epson 3800. Then I have two Mac: an older Powerbook non Intel, and a younger one Intel. I've installed Epson's softaware on both. Well.. On the older one profiles for Epson's paper are there, on the younger one they are not there. I can't find them. I've re installed the drivers from the original CD, nothing to do. I've looked through ColorSynk: nothing o do again. I thought to copy them from one to the other but also on the older one, where I'm sure that they are there as I can softproof and print using them they must be hidden God knows where! Any advice...?
BTW looking for those ...@#]... drivers I checked the profiles I have on my computer via ColorSynk. Apparently some of them have some problems, but ColorSynk is unable to fix them. Do some of you, by any chance,  know if there's a better software for these problems? Thank you so much, Carlo
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172173\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you're running under Leopard, you're going to want to download and install 6.10, which is available on the Epson beta download site.  You don't want to use the driver from the CD. If you're using Adobe Lightroom, 3rd party paper and/or drivers, you're going to have to (once you have the latest driver) do a workaround, to associate the correct 3rd party profile with the suggested Epson paper type via the ColorSync Utility, to correct a bug either in LR or Leopard.
Title: Where the hell are those drivers!!!!
Post by: cocasana on February 05, 2008, 10:09:21 pm
Quote
If you're running under Leopard, you're going to want to download and install 6.10, which is available on the Epson beta download site.  You don't want to use the driver from the CD. If you're using Adobe Lightroom, 3rd party paper and/or drivers, you're going to have to (once you have the latest driver) do a workaround, to associate the correct 3rd party profile with the suggested Epson paper type via the ColorSync Utility, to correct a bug either in LR or Leopard.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172564\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, I haven't upgraded yet, I'm still using 10.4.11 and Photoshop 10.0 .
I haven' any problem with 3rd party papers and profiles. Its only on one of the two Macs that I can't install and use Epson's paper profiles. It can sound strange, but its like that! I've installed drivers several times but they won't pop out for soft proofing nor for printing. I can't even locate them!
Title: Where the hell are those drivers!!!!
Post by: schrodingerscat on February 10, 2008, 03:55:50 pm
Quote
No, I haven't upgraded yet, I'm still using 10.4.11 and Photoshop 10.0 .
I haven' any problem with 3rd party papers and profiles. Its only on one of the two Macs that I can't install and use Epson's paper profiles. It can sound strange, but its like that! I've installed drivers several times but they won't pop out for soft proofing nor for printing. I can't even locate them!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172607\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Upgrade to CS3 10.0.1. It corrects a printing bug in 10.0.

And it never hurts to do the permission repair voodoo afterwards.
Title: Where the hell are those drivers!!!!
Post by: francois on February 11, 2008, 04:01:18 am
Quote
No, I haven't upgraded yet, I'm still using 10.4.11 and Photoshop 10.0 .
I haven' any problem with 3rd party papers and profiles. Its only on one of the two Macs that I can't install and use Epson's paper profiles. It can sound strange, but its like that! I've installed drivers several times but they won't pop out for soft proofing nor for printing. I can't even locate them!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172607\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Carlo,
Since you have already installed the Epson 3800 drivers (and profiles were not installed correctly for whatever reason), then you can find profiles at this location:

     /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/ICCProfiles/

Then select  Pro38.profiles and control-click or right-click on that file. Choose  Show Package Contents from the pop-up menu. A new window should open, go into the  Resources folder. Profiles must be there. Copy them into the correct folder (should be  /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/  ). Please, note that you must copy them and not move them.