Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: andreasb on February 02, 2008, 04:49:42 am

Title: 3800 prints crooked
Post by: andreasb on February 02, 2008, 04:49:42 am
I have a brand new Epson 3800.
when printing border-less, it doesn't align the print with the edge of the paper.
it must pull the paper in crooked( i'm only using the multiple feeder)
The top left side aligns,the bottom left-side shows a 2 mm white gap.
In other words the side of the print are not parallel to the paper

Always, consistently with all different papers, quite  annoying.
Anyone with a fix?

andreas
Title: 3800 prints crooked
Post by: madmanchan on February 02, 2008, 08:50:00 am
Have not seen this happen myself (though I print borderless infrequently). Are you sure the "expansion" setting in the driver is set to Max?
Title: 3800 prints crooked
Post by: andreasb on February 02, 2008, 08:12:09 pm
Quote
Have not seen this happen myself (though I print borderless infrequently). Are you sure the "expansion" setting in the driver is set to Max?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=171752\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yes , actually i have printed with the same settings and but another Epson 3800 without any problems.
Also checked single feed in the back. That one feeds straight, might have to contact Epson.
Brand new machine though.
Title: 3800 prints crooked
Post by: CMPatti on February 03, 2008, 10:17:28 pm
Sorry if this is too basic, but I had a similar problem until I snugged up the paper guide so that there is no gap between the paper and the guides.  Even a couple of millimeters of gap allowed the printer to grab the paper crookedly.  Moving the guide to the very edge of the paper (but not tight against it) solved the problem for me.