Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mango on February 02, 2008, 04:19:05 am

Title: Z3100 Double sided paper
Post by: mango on February 02, 2008, 04:19:05 am
Looking for a double sided paper, not glossy, to use for short run portfoilis  brochures.

I have:
Lumijet Duo
Bockingford doublesided watercolour paper

But I am looking for somthing in the 250-300gsm range, any experiences?

Thanks, Mango
Title: Z3100 Double sided paper
Post by: deelight on February 06, 2008, 07:34:20 am
I am printing double sided on the old moab kayenta 205 matte. Nice paper for the price. You get roller marks though, when loading the already on one side printed paper for the second run. I have to tape it with a very thin paper and afterwards feed it into the printer. But it´s hassle...

Best, Clem
Title: Z3100 Double sided paper
Post by: rdonson on February 06, 2008, 02:13:55 pm
I've used Moab Entrada 300 gsm double sided.  It comes in both a bright and natural.  The paper is similar to Hahnemuhle Photo Rag but a lot less expensive.
Title: Z3100 Double sided paper
Post by: deelight on February 07, 2008, 04:41:41 am
Quote
I've used Moab Entrada 300 gsm double sided.  It comes in both a bright and natural.  The paper is similar to Hahnemuhle Photo Rag but a lot less expensive.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172765\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ron,

did you have the same problem with the star rollermarks on the downside of the paper when printing the second side?

How did you solve it?

Clem
Title: Z3100 Double sided paper
Post by: rdonson on February 07, 2008, 06:21:58 am
Clem,

I didn't have any problems with roller marks or marks from the star wheels on my printer.  I did wait overnight before printing on the backside of the paper though.
Title: Z3100 Double sided paper
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on February 07, 2008, 07:46:53 am
Quote
Ron,

did you have the same problem with the star rollermarks on the downside of the paper when printing the second side?

How did you solve it?

Clem
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=172944\")

On the Z3100 there are star wheels at the top of the sheet while printing but not on the underside so if there are star wheel marks at the downside it must have happened in the first run. With soft paper coatings the pressure rolls on the transport axle may mark the coating but that's also at the first run and in my case not happening on HM coatings like the dual Photorag. Do you mean that the friction increasing rough texture of the transport axle more or less is embossed in the downside print in the second run ? That would be a new issue not reported here before. I have not seen that yet.

Next to the 300 grams varieties of dual sided (sheet form) there are 100 grams and 200 grams papers on roll. The first I have from a Dutch distributor but I have to make proofs first to see what can be done with it, the last is in the Intelicoat catalog but hard to locate who sells it here. It has to be cut in sheets but stocked it is easier that way and more flexible in size making. Of course the thinner qualities have different uses as they are less opaque.


Ernst Dinkla

try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]