Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: titusbear on February 01, 2008, 05:11:26 pm

Title: 4880 startup /per page costs
Post by: titusbear on February 01, 2008, 05:11:26 pm
After acting as one large paperweight for the last month - while I spent too much time with the MD's - I finally fired up my new 4880.  Used the supplied 110 ml carts for all of the colors except black - purchased a 220 ml matte black for that slot because I'm printing solely on matte paper.

The initial startup /line fill used 326 ml of ink (which brought down the 110's by 36-38%) and the 220 by 19%.   At that point I had vivid memories of the gas consumption of my old 454 cu.in. Chevy engine (30 gallons of gas = 120 miles).

After printing several dozen 17" X 22" prints (each with about a 1" border all around) the machine reports using 3 to 5 ml per print - a real surprised because I was expecting it to use more ink.  For prints that size - I can live with that kind of ink usage.
An the quality is very fine.