Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Dave Gurtcheff on February 01, 2008, 02:36:07 pm

Title: Ilford Gold Silk Fiber roll paper and 7600 ptinter
Post by: Dave Gurtcheff on February 01, 2008, 02:36:07 pm
Hi all: I just printed some 13"x19" Gold Silk Fiber on my Epson 3800. I REALLY love this paper. I also bought a 24" roll to use on my 7600. Given the very heavy weight of this paper, has anyone tried this combination? If so, would you share any printer settings you used? I'm concerned with the heavy weight.
Thanks in advance
Dave G in NJ
www.modernpictorials.com
Title: Ilford Gold Silk Fiber roll paper and 7600 ptinter
Post by: Jon Meddings on February 04, 2008, 09:22:05 am
Quote
Hi all: I just printed some 13"x19" Gold Silk Fiber on my Epson 3800. I REALLY love this paper. I also bought a 24" roll to use on my 7600. Given the very heavy weight of this paper, has anyone tried this combination? If so, would you share any printer settings you used? I'm concerned with the heavy weight.
Thanks in advance
Dave G in NJ
www.modernpictorials.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=171586\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dave, I've used (and love) the 24" roll on the 7800 without problem. I don't do anything different than my normal paper. I use the Ilford profiles (excellent) and their recommended printer settings.
Title: Ilford Gold Silk Fiber roll paper and 7600 ptinter
Post by: Marty C on February 04, 2008, 10:40:39 am
The Ilford GS has a tendency to cockle a bit when you put a heavy ink load on it. I would adjust my platen gap to Wide to avoid any potential head strikes.  Once the print dries the paper returns to it's original state.  
Title: Ilford Gold Silk Fiber roll paper and 7600 ptinter
Post by: Dave Gurtcheff on February 04, 2008, 03:36:35 pm
Quote
The Ilford GS has a tendency to cockle a bit when you put a heavy ink load on it. I would adjust my platen gap to Wide to avoid any potential head strikes.  Once the print dries the paper returns to it's original state. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172215\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks Jon and Marty. This is really nice paper!  
Dave