Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: RH913 on January 28, 2008, 05:48:56 pm

Title: Need help
Post by: RH913 on January 28, 2008, 05:48:56 pm
Hello all.

I've been reading and learning here on this forum.

I'm trying to learn how to take photographs as opposed to snap shots.

One of my many questions is:

How and when does one use a circular polarizing filter?

The one I have is a Hoya pro 1.

It will be used on either a 18-135mm or a 70-300mm with a Nikon D-80 behind it.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance.


RALPH
Title: Need help
Post by: David Sutton on January 28, 2008, 07:30:24 pm
You could look at http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-.../polarizer.html (http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/filter/polarizer.html)      or
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/filters.htm (http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/filters.htm)                                               among the many references. Cheers, David
Title: Need help
Post by: RH913 on January 28, 2008, 10:44:45 pm
Thank you very much

This answered my questions.

These forums are terrific resources.

Now if I can apply the knowledge, that would be a plus.
Title: Need help
Post by: dwdallam on January 30, 2008, 04:28:14 am
Quote
Thank you very much

This answered my questions.

These forums are terrific resources.

Now if I can apply the knowledge, that would be a plus.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170463\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Read a lot. Read very, very much. Then practice what you read, read some more. You never will learn it all. However, if you put in the time, you will at least get to the point where all your camera settings and basic rules are natural. Just keep at it. It's a pursuit that lasts a lifetime.