Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: jeffok on January 27, 2008, 10:40:23 pm
-
"Interest in high quality pocket cameras remains as high as ever, but manufacturers continue mostly not to get it, with only Canon and Ricoh producing such cameras with raw capability."
As you know, Michael, Panasonic as also offered RAW capability for some time in the LX-1 and 2.
-
I think the disclaimer would be "high quality" here. I have an Olympus SP-350 that shoots RAW, but it's got noticeable noise even at ISO 50.
-
I've now modified the text to read such that it isn't an absolute statement.
Michael
-
I think the disclaimer would be "high quality" here. I have an Olympus SP-350 that shoots RAW, but it's got noticeable noise even at ISO 50.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170201\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
To be fair, Sean Reid rates the Leica equivalent to the little pansonic highly, this fitting in with his view of small sensor camera's as expressed on his site. This discussion parallels the current comments on the other thread about image quality of the G9, which may be slightly better or worse than the Ricoh GRD2 or the leica/panasonic lx2. They all will allow you to shoot raw and can all presumably produce good work if you use them appropriately.
I'm presently undecided, because the ricoh would be perfect in my view if it had a 35mm equivalent lens, the panasonic needs an optical viewfinder and I've not really got to grips with the shutter delay and maual focus options of the G9 yet! However, all of these are about how I use the camera and not about ultimate image quality:)
Mike