Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: howseth on January 25, 2008, 11:30:09 pm

Title: fine art paper/ink suppliers
Post by: howseth on January 25, 2008, 11:30:09 pm
Well, I have decided to buy an HP Z3100 printer. I am curious about which large format paper (and ink) suppliers people use?

It seems buying out of state over the internet would save $$. I live in California. (I probably should buy sample packs first, since I do not know much about inkjet fine art papers yet.)

My goals are small editions of 'Fine Art' prints and I am not sure if I will go the matt or glossy route - or something in-between. or, use both glossy and matt papers depending on the photo series.

Howard
Title: fine art paper/ink suppliers
Post by: JeffKohn on January 26, 2008, 02:15:00 am
I like InkJetArt.com. Atlex.com and ITSupplies.com also have good prices if they happen to have the papers you want.
Title: fine art paper/ink suppliers
Post by: Dward on January 26, 2008, 09:08:25 am
Quote
Well, I have decided to buy an HP Z3100 printer. I am curious about which large format paper (and ink) suppliers people use?

It seems buying out of state over the internet would save $$. I live in California. (I probably should buy sample packs first, since I do not know much about inkjet fine art papers yet.)

My goals are small editions of 'Fine Art' prints and I am not sure if I will go the matt or glossy route - or something in-between. or, use both glossy and matt papers depending on the photo series.

Howard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169651\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Howard,

I've had excellent service from Jim Doyle at Shades of Paper (www.shadesofpaper.com) and Lexjet (www.lexjet.com), and Diana York at Hawk Mountain Papers (www.hawkmtnartpapers.com).  I often use Atlex for ink (they seem to have consistently low prices).

David V. Ward, Ph. D.
www.dvward.com
David V. Ward Fine Art Photography
Title: fine art paper/ink suppliers
Post by: JesseSpeer on January 26, 2008, 03:54:18 pm
Shades of Paper is my favorite. Hard to beat Jim's service.

I've had good experiences with ITsupplies as well.