Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: thompsonkirk on January 25, 2008, 06:01:35 pm

Title: Enhanced Matte & "Ultra Premium Presentation"
Post by: thompsonkirk on January 25, 2008, 06:01:35 pm
For years I've used Enhanced Matte as my work-print paper. First I make contact sheets & small prints on letter-sized paper to decide which to take seriously, & then I do my Photoshop work-prints on A3 paper before making final (& expensive) prints on HPR.  

This has always worked almost perfectly: sometimes I've had to put a tad more contrast & sharpening in the A3 prints, but the letter-sized & A3 prints on EEM always looked almost exactly alike.  

Now I'm using a large (250 sht) box of Enhanced Matte for my first work-prints, & am making the A3 prints on "Ultra Premium Presentation Paper," which I understood was simply EEM with a new name.

But the 2 sets of prints have stopped looking alike.  Same profile, etc., but the larger "UPPP" prints are  noticeably lighter, with less saturation.  

Am I seeing things, or has anybody else noticed a difference between EEM & "UPPP"?

Kirk