Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: shewhorn on January 16, 2008, 08:56:47 pm

Title: Profile for 6100 & Breathing Color BCW
Post by: shewhorn on January 16, 2008, 08:56:47 pm
Anyone have a source for a profile for Breathing Color's Brilliance Chromata White canvas? Their website says they have one but when you click on the link it goes to a list of (very poorly documented and labeled) profiles for the 8000. The 8000 and the 6100 have different ink sets as far as I know.

Cheers, Joe
Title: Profile for 6100 & Breathing Color BCW
Post by: araz on February 20, 2008, 02:39:08 pm
Hi Joe,

Try this page: http://www.breathingcolor.com/support/inde...=1&pcid=0&nav=0 (http://www.breathingcolor.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=1&pcid=0&nav=0)

Araz
Title: Profile for 6100 & Breathing Color BCW
Post by: shewhorn on February 21, 2008, 11:16:35 pm
Quote
Hi Joe,

Try this page: http://www.breathingcolor.com/support/inde...=1&pcid=0&nav=0 (http://www.breathingcolor.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=1&pcid=0&nav=0)

Araz
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=176230\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Araz... I noticed they'd just posted that recently. I downloaded the profile but it's really really bad. I suspect that if the target was generated by another user that they had another profile loaded or the wrong media type select when they printed that target. It turns whites to grey and blacks to magenta. Something is really wrong there.

Of course... I'm also guessing at their settings. I spoke with them about it (I was going to send in a target myself). I suggested 16 bit, unidirectional, highest resolution, no color management, and Canvas Matte 2 for the target settings and they agreed. The settings that they list under that driver bear no resemblance to the settings available on the x100 series.

I'm having a friend do a custom profile for me so that'll solve that problem but I'm shopping around for an evaporative humidifier first before I generate those targets.

Cheers, Joe