Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: trops on January 16, 2008, 01:50:27 pm

Title: Eye One Pro Spectrophotometer Calibration
Post by: trops on January 16, 2008, 01:50:27 pm
The Certificate of Performance that came with my Gretag Macbeth Eye One Pro advised that the Next Calibration Due Date for the device was coming up so despite my feeling that it was still performing well I sent the unit to X-Rite/Gretag.

The person I spoke with told me that it would take approx 10 days.

That was on December 14.

A few days ago I called to get status and was told that they sent the unit out to Swtizerland (country of manufacture) and that they expected to have my device back sometime towards the end of the month.

Very disappointing to have gotten bad information up front from them . . . . and this is not cheap - recalibration is approx $250.

So this process is probably going to be more like 45-60 days and not 10 days.

Very annoyed with these guys.
Title: Eye One Pro Spectrophotometer Calibration
Post by: digitaldog on January 16, 2008, 02:28:23 pm
Unless you have an issue with the unit, I see no reason to automatically spend the time and money to do this. I have at least a half dozen Spectrophotometer's (going back to a Spectrolino), they work fine and only my DTP-41UV/T had to go to X-Rite due to what appeared to be an issue (ended up being the buggy ColorPort not the unit). If the Spectrophotometer's calibrate fine, or don't pop errors with the software diagnostics, I see no reason to send em in.
Title: Eye One Pro Spectrophotometer Calibration
Post by: trops on February 12, 2008, 09:23:26 pm
Andrew, just wondering if my experience with X-Rite is a rare fluke. It is now just about 2 months since they've had my eye one spectro.  Last week I insisted they send me a loaner. They sent it to the wrong address. Finally had it re-routed and it arrived today.  Are they always this bad or have I just run into a rare patch of botched customer service.
Quote
Unless you have an issue with the unit, I see no reason to automatically spend the time and money to do this. I have at least a half dozen Spectrophotometer's (going back to a Spectrolino), they work fine and only my DTP-41UV/T had to go to X-Rite due to what appeared to be an issue (ended up being the buggy ColorPort not the unit). If the Spectrophotometer's calibrate fine, or don't pop errors with the software diagnostics, I see no reason to send em in.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167608\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Eye One Pro Spectrophotometer Calibration
Post by: pfigen on February 12, 2008, 11:29:16 pm
It's been a few years since I sent my Spectrolino in for service, but when I did, and it was still just Gretag I was dealing with, it seems like the repair and recalibration took about a week. It's too bad that yours is taking so damned long.
Title: Eye One Pro Spectrophotometer Calibration
Post by: digitaldog on February 13, 2008, 09:03:07 am
Quote
Andrew, just wondering if my experience with X-Rite is a rare fluke. It is now just about 2 months since they've had my eye one spectro.  Last week I insisted they send me a loaner. They sent it to the wrong address. Finally had it re-routed and it arrived today.  Are they always this bad or have I just run into a rare patch of botched customer service.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=174415\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

2 months! That's pretty outrageous. No that's not my experience at all. Someone screwed up.