Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: professorgb on January 14, 2008, 12:20:03 pm
-
HP has released a firmware update. Paste this URL into your browser, connect the printer, and run the firmware once it has downloaded. Be sure to have some HP Advanced glossy loaded before you run the update. Once installed, the firmware update runs through an entire maintenance cycle, printhead alignment, and closed loop calibration. Apparently, the firmware helps maintain printer "health" during periods of inactivity.
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software9/CO...R04_sea_27A.exe (http://ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software9/COL21662/oj-56765-1/B9100_hpdu_R04_sea_27A.exe)
-
I assume we weren't buying enough ink.
-
Hey--I like buying ink. It makes me feel like I'm actually selling prints.
Really, though, the firmware update reduces ink consumption: "This update helps maintain printer health during extended periods of non-use, limits servicing of pens, and changes system errors to usable messages. (USB only)"
I assume we weren't buying enough ink.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167114\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
(http://imagesbymurray.com/send-ink.jpg)
-
ROFLMA!
(http://imagesbymurray.com/send-ink.jpg)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167118\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
I'm unable to find an OS X update?
Has anybody installed the firmware via an Apple computer?
-
HP specifies you run this update using USB connection. I have my printer connected on my network. Has anyone updated the firmware using the network connection?
It's not clear to me if HP means you have to install the printer as a USB printer or you just have to connect it to the computer using a USB cable for this update and can then reconnect it to the network. I ask HP this quiestion, but no response yet.
-
HP specifies you run this update using USB connection. I have my printer connected on my network. Has anyone updated the firmware using the network connection?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=168134\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ran this via network without a problem. After update it will run the calibration routine again.
-
I'd be worried that I'd have a network glitch while doing the update. It is rare but when comcast is popping up and down I have had my router go nuts. (Well, not the one I use now but some of the crap I'd used before.)
-
I ran it via network and ended up with a "doorstop", fortunately the web interface survived, and with the help of HP support, got the firmware uploaded via USB . . .
No response so far on that ink question though . . .
-
I applied the update with a few usb extensions and ran the cable to the PC XP box upstairs. It wouldn't work over LAN, and I believe the installer says something about it must be USB.
Thing is, when printing today I had a fatal error, requiring an unplug and hard restart of the printer, losing a job in the process.
I never had such a problem before, mind you I was on G4 MAcs before, now I'm on MacIntel. Most likely firmware related though so hold off on this one for a while.
-
I applied the update with a few usb extensions and ran the cable to the PC XP box upstairs. It wouldn't work over LAN, and I believe the installer says something about it must be USB.
Thing is, when printing today I had a fatal error, requiring an unplug and hard restart of the printer, losing a job in the process.
I never had such a problem before, mind you I was on G4 MAcs before, now I'm on MacIntel. Most likely firmware related though so hold off on this one for a while.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=168958\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I ran the updater through my LAN without any problems. At least I received a message that the update was successful.
-
I ran the updater through my LAN without any problems. At least I received a message that the update was successful.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169443\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I received word today from HP about this updater.
They said if you are not having problems then it's best not to install. It is only for Windows XP and or Vista, NOT for W2K. It is intended for rather the first versions with 021 firmware, even though all the others are listed.
It is to have better long non-use periods, and offers no additional functionality than previous firmwares.
The Macintosh Apple firmware should be available very shortly.
I did print 20 or so A3+ prints after without a problem. I have seen many too many times before where a cache file somewhere , for the utility I think incorrectly sends conflicting requests. On a MAc that is, so it could have been that. It did show a false ink out before crashing, so it is probably due to this cache. Here is exactly what it does do;
This firmware update will do the following:
• Help maintain printer health, especially during periods of extended non-use
• Limit number of attempts by the printer to recover failed printheads
• Replace system error codes (such as 01CAF550) with a message instructing you that an error has occurred and the printer needs to be power-cycled to clear it out.
• Prevent cropping of text on borderless 13 x 19” prints
• Provide other minor changes for a smoother experience
Hope this helps.