Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: vaphoto on January 12, 2008, 09:04:12 am

Title: Capture NX on Mac OS 10.5 with a MacBook
Post by: vaphoto on January 12, 2008, 09:04:12 am
Capture NX 1.3 will not open files. I have tried to update to 1.3.1 but I get a message that this file cannot be loaded on my computer. Any ideas?
Title: Capture NX on Mac OS 10.5 with a MacBook
Post by: mikeseb on January 12, 2008, 10:02:15 am
When you figure it out, let me know. On a PowerMac G4 system with Leopard and the latest version (with patch) of NX, it crashes every time I try to open an image with it.

What good is it to ship a free copy with every D300 or D3 and have it not work?

My experience with Nikon Capture, since earlier versions, has been nothing but frustration. Why bother, when Lightroom can do whatever I need without driving me nuts?
Title: Capture NX on Mac OS 10.5 with a MacBook
Post by: Colorado David on January 14, 2008, 09:54:10 am
I have run Nikon Capture 4 on a G4 Macbook and on a PC and Capture NX on a PC and a new iMac.  Other than running slow on the PC, I haven't had any problems at all.
Title: Capture NX on Mac OS 10.5 with a MacBook
Post by: NickJB on January 18, 2008, 02:00:54 pm
I have tried running NX on my MacBook Pro and and I have to say it's so slow as to be unusable. I've pretty much given up on it. Pity as I've heard good things about the quality of it's conversions, particularly with noise. Of course that may not be so much of an issue wit the new crop of Nikons. I wonder if anyone has compared the quality of noise on the new models run through NX and Lightroom?

nick