Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: BrunoW on January 10, 2008, 02:35:18 pm

Title: Leopard and color management
Post by: BrunoW on January 10, 2008, 02:35:18 pm
Hi


LR tells me to make sure to turn off printer color management in the Print dialog box when using a specific paper profile.

Unfortunately I can't see a place where to do this. There is no such opportunity along the print workflow (HP DJ 130nr).

I wonder whether I missed something - or is this onother OSX 10.5 Leopard compatibility issue?



Thanks for comments

Bruno
Title: Leopard and color management
Post by: michael on January 10, 2008, 03:04:25 pm
It's in your your printer driver under Color Management. Just makes sure it says OFF.

Michael
Title: Leopard and color management
Post by: BrunoW on January 10, 2008, 03:39:35 pm
Quote
It's in your your printer driver under Color Management. Just makes sure it says OFF.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166367\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Michael

Sorry - I've just made the transition to Mac: where would I find this?


And while we're here: any idea about HP System Maintenance Tool - when I start it there is an error message "Error creating folder".


Bruno
Title: Leopard and color management
Post by: michael on January 10, 2008, 03:41:34 pm
When you press Print it is one of the selections in the Printer Driver. This isn't a mac thing. It's the same in Windows.

You may wish to watch our video on printing. It covers these settings in detail.

Michael
Title: Leopard and color management
Post by: gkroeger on January 10, 2008, 03:44:34 pm
Quote
Thanks Michael

Sorry - I've just made the transition to Mac: where would I find this?
And while we're here: any idea about HP System Maintenance Tool - when I start it there is an error message "Error creating folder".
Bruno
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166372\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Once you get to the print dialog (in photoshop, that is after the first print dialog) there is a pull-down menu that starts with "Layout".  In the second group of items you will find "Printer Color Management".  Turn it off there.
Title: Leopard and color management
Post by: BrunoW on January 10, 2008, 03:45:36 pm
Quote
When you press Print it is one of the selections in the Printer Driver. This isn't a mac thing. It's the same in Windows.

You may wish to watch our video on printing. It covers these settings in detail.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166373\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll watch it again - promised.


But when I press PRINT, I get a window which offers the options: PDF - Preview - Cancel - PRINT

On pressing PRINT again, the image is sent to the printer
Title: Leopard and color management
Post by: BrunoW on January 11, 2008, 01:16:14 am
Thanks.

Although I have been desperately looking for a place to deactivate "printer manages color" the small, unlabelled blue arrow beside the printer name has failed to catch my attention ...

I wonder what the people may had in mind, when they chose to set the default of the window to collapsed instead of expanded. Is this a "hide-and-find" interface? Apparently I'm just not smart enough for this game.

Bruno
Title: Leopard and color management
Post by: francois on January 11, 2008, 03:36:11 am
Quote
Thanks.

Although I have been desperately looking for a place to deactivate "printer manages color" the small, unlabelled blue arrow beside the printer name has failed to catch my attention ...

I wonder what the people may had in mind, when they chose to set the default of the window to collapsed instead of expanded. Is this a "hide-and-find" interface? Apparently I'm just not smart enough for this game.

Bruno
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166444\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bruno,
You'll find the unlabelled arrow in many places like save dialogs. This is supposedly done to simplify the interface for basic users…
Title: Leopard and color management
Post by: gkroeger on January 11, 2008, 11:19:21 am
Quote
Thanks.

Although I have been desperately looking for a place to deactivate "printer manages color" the small, unlabelled blue arrow beside the printer name has failed to catch my attention ...

I wonder what the people may had in mind, when they chose to set the default of the window to collapsed instead of expanded. Is this a "hide-and-find" interface? Apparently I'm just not smart enough for this game.

Bruno
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166444\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry Bruno... I should have thought of that.  While I like the concept of the simplified dialog for novice users, I chastise Apple for not labeling the button that exposes advanced settings!

Glenn
Title: Leopard and color management
Post by: neil snape on January 12, 2008, 02:38:46 am
Quote
Sorry Bruno... I should have thought of that.  While I like the concept of the simplified dialog for novice users, I chastise Apple for not labeling the button that exposes advanced settings!

Glenn
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166521\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I don't know if the 130 is included but HP updated their drivers for the majority of printers in the end of December for Leopard. So far I only found a few minor bugs in applications other than Photoshop.
The utility is looking for a root folder that has been changed. It is something that will have to be updated, or someone write a terminal command/shell script to do this. HP should but I have no idea when they would do so.
Title: Leopard and color management
Post by: jjj on January 12, 2008, 04:18:11 pm
Quote
You'll find the unlabelled arrow in many places like save dialogs. This is supposedly done to simplify the interface for basic users…
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166459\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
'Supposedly' is the right word.
I find hiding things makes dialogues harder to use, not easier. Especially when you are a beginner as you may know what you want to do, but not how to do it and being given less options is really not helpful. Particularly when the extra options button is so discrete.