Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: David Budd on January 07, 2008, 08:28:14 pm
-
This may or may not be the place to post this, but frustration has got the better of me.
After trying for 48 hours to access HP's Z3100 driver download page without success...(message
comes up "this page is unavailable:) I decided to contact the Australian HP support line to find out when this problem would be rectified.
Not surprisingly I was connected to a Indian call centre, and after a 10 minute discussion we both agreed that neither of us could understand the other.
I not sure if anyone from HP Australia or the US reads this forum, but if if you do please provide a support service that is both commensurate with being A Fortune 500 Company and provided a reasonable level of service to clients that have heavily invested in your products.
In closing I would like to say that this frustration has come not come from this particular incident
but my general experience of dealing with HP Australia support.
It a pity that such a fine product as Z3100 is let down by such a fundamental requirement..service
Now thats off my chest I feel better....
-
I understand the frustration. Your experience is common place here in the U.S. Dell has a manufacturing plant just about 100 miles away from where I live but their phone and online support is in India. I quit with the phones and went to online chat support with them. It was a much better experience.
Truth be told HP is actually a Fortune 100 company. Click here. (http://fortune100s.com/fortune100/H/hewlett_packard.asp)
Now to the more important stuff. Have you been able to find the driver page yet? Maybe we can help.
-
Truth be told HP is actually a Fortune 100 company.
Thanks Ron...Fortune 100.. makes it even more relevant
This is the page that I am trying to access via HP printer utility
https://h41186.www4.hp.com/country/us/en/Sh...?pageseq=187365 (https://h41186.www4.hp.com/country/us/en/Shared/unavailable.html?pageseq=187365)
Thanks
David
-
Try this link, David. (https://h41186.www4.hp.com/hpp/country/us/en/firmware_patch.html?pageseq=30752?pageseq=30753)
and.... while you're waiting for the HP page to load check out this video (http://www.flixxy.com/offshore-outsourcing.htm) for a little humor on your customer experience. It makes me laugh anyway.
-
Ron,
Thanks I tried your link but its still down at this end.
Yes I think the video sums it up to a tee.. perhaps a copy of it sent to HP's CEO wouldn't go amiss
David
-
Well.... at least you got to see the video. Sorry the link doesn't work though.
Hmmmmmm....the link works fine for me although I do have to log in. HP's websites are so disjointed that I think I now have three different logins to get to Z3100 stuff.
-
Ron,
The God's of HP must have been reading this post as your link is now working
What I have downloaded is the HP Photosmart Pro Print for CS3 after seeing it in Micheal Reichmann & Jeff Schwee Camera to Print video.
It shows the utility installed under "Automate" but on my Mac Intel 10.4.11 nothing.
According to the Pro Pro print installer it has been installed in CS3
Wonder if you could through some light on it.
Thanks
David
-
David,
In my experience there are few websites as slow as the conglomeration of sites from HP. As you might expect HP acts like they're at least a half dozen companies instead of one.
The HP Photosmart Pro Print Plug-in is available only on the Mac. They've been promising a version for Windows for at least six months now. I'm on a Windows box so I've never really used it. Perhaps others on Macs can comment.