Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Don Kesler on January 07, 2008, 11:56:08 am

Title: What paper for CAD - Epson 7880
Post by: Don Kesler on January 07, 2008, 11:56:08 am
I have heard people say that plain paper is too dirty and can clog the heads. I'm not sure if this is a myth or not. It really doesn't make much sense since these and other large format printers are used a lot (designed) for this type work.

If it is so, can anyone recommend an acceptable 24" roll paper for CAD drawings on this printer?

Thanks,

Don
Title: What paper for CAD - Epson 7880
Post by: silverhalide on January 08, 2008, 10:51:27 am
Don,
   I would suggest an architectural supply store that also does large format printing. There is one in our town. 130,000. We were able to buy the perfect weight vellum that was inkjet ready. They carried a lot of papers I doubt many of us would see as it is a different market. You should be able to get some pretty shazamy cad drawings & presentation pieces.  For the presentation & rendering pieces this would be the thread for paper.

Sincerely,
              Michael