Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: garyleif on January 05, 2008, 12:45:35 pm

Title: H3D-39 Disks larger then 2gb
Post by: garyleif on January 05, 2008, 12:45:35 pm
I have a H3D-39 Hasselblad and have been using 2gb disks without any problems.  I just purchased 2 SanDisk 8gb cards and both won't work.  I read a post back in July about how those disk's were getting errors and then fixed.

Since many months have passed, I thought I'd re-ask this question.  What larger CF disks work?  I just spent a bunch of money and they don't work.  Is there a brand like Lexar, SanDisk that work better.  Is there a size 4gb, 8gb, or 2gb's that I should use?

My firmware on my Camera is 1.1.2/R233

Thanks...
Title: H3D-39 Disks larger then 2gb
Post by: Khun_K on January 05, 2008, 01:21:02 pm
Quote
I have a H3D-39 Hasselblad and have been using 2gb disks without any problems.  I just purchased 2 SanDisk 8gb cards and both won't work.  I read a post back in July about how those disk's were getting errors and then fixed.

Since many months have passed, I thought I'd re-ask this question.  What larger CF disks work?  I just spent a bunch of money and they don't work.  Is there a brand like Lexar, SanDisk that work better.  Is there a size 4gb, 8gb, or 2gb's that I should use?

My firmware on my Camera is 1.1.2/R233

Thanks...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165212\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have been using Sandisk Extreme III 16G or Extreme IV 8G for many months without problem. When you insert the card make sure you allow the back a few seconds to register the card.
Title: H3D-39 Disks larger then 2gb
Post by: Dustbak on January 05, 2008, 01:51:41 pm
Same here, I use Sandisk Extreme III/8Gb with my CF Hasselblad. No problems.

I share them with my Nikons, when it comes out of a Nikon I need to format it in the back first otherwise it is not able to use the card.
Title: H3D-39 Disks larger then 2gb
Post by: rsmphoto on January 05, 2008, 02:14:02 pm
Yup, I've been using an 8GB Extreme IV on an H3D-39 for many months with no issue. Same as well with the newer H3DII-39.

Richard