Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Andy M on January 02, 2008, 11:04:01 am

Title: Sharpening 1Ds Mark 3 Files?
Post by: Andy M on January 02, 2008, 11:04:01 am
Away from the sharpening suggestions provided by Canon (http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedimages/FCK/Image/2007/MARK%20III%20Suggested%20Settings%20121207/EOS1D_1DsMark_IIIoptimizingAFsettings_Final.pdf), how are 1Ds mk3 users finding it best to sharpen their files?

I'm due to receive mine before the weekend and was wondering whether or not my usual sharpening technique I used with my 5D (USM: 20, 50, 0 -> Photokit Sharpener) will be sufficient?

I have very little time to get acquainted with the camera before I have a party to shoot so any advice would be gratefully received
Title: Sharpening 1Ds Mark 3 Files?
Post by: Schewe on January 02, 2008, 12:24:49 pm
Quote
Away from the sharpening suggestions provided by Canon (http://www.usa.canon.com/uploadedimages/FCK/Image/2007/MARK%20III%20Suggested%20Settings%20121207/EOS1D_1DsMark_IIIoptimizingAFsettings_Final.pdf), how are 1Ds mk3 users finding it best to sharpen their files?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164575\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use Camera Raw/Lightroom for capture sharpening. But there is no "general" settings because it will be edge width dependent. But in the amount, I pretty much always run that up. The aim in CR/LR is to get the image "looking good" at 1:1 (100%) zoom. Adding a touch of edge mask will also help certain images but it ALL depends on what you are shooting and how good your lenses are.