Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: Killer Angel on January 02, 2008, 12:03:04 am

Title: Canon 40D Highlight Feature Question
Post by: Killer Angel on January 02, 2008, 12:03:04 am
In regards to the Canon 40D's Highlight Priority feature,in what shooting situations is it better to use it?Also,in what shooting situations is it better not to use it?
Thanks.
Title: Canon 40D Highlight Feature Question
Post by: tgeide on January 07, 2008, 07:14:00 pm
I don't know what type of photography you do, but I use mine when there is lots of white in photos and it doesn't have to be on a sunny day.  I shoot horses and one Jumper show I shoot has big white tents that get wet in the rain and then it'll brighten up a bit and it blows the white out and it's too dull to use a polarizer, so I turn on highlight priority mode and shoot in RAW and if I need to use the recovery function in CS3, it works just fine and my white tents, which are actually a very light grey/white, comes out nicely.  You won't be able to shoot below 200 ISO though.
Title: Canon 40D Highlight Feature Question
Post by: Panopeeper on January 07, 2008, 08:46:31 pm
The forum has a search feature. Using it yields a thread:

this one (http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21171)