Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Yangt26224 on January 01, 2008, 04:33:27 pm

Title: 3" adapter kit for HP Z3100/2100 2" spindle
Post by: Yangt26224 on January 01, 2008, 04:33:27 pm
HI,

I want to get a spare set of 3" adapter kit to convert the standard 2" core spindle of the HP Z3100/2100 printer.

I have been searched on the internet and HP site but with very little luck. Does anyone know any vender/dealer carry such item in US?

Many thanks

Thomas
Title: 3" adapter kit for HP Z3100/2100 2" spindle
Post by: rdonson on January 01, 2008, 05:17:17 pm
Thomas, this has been in a couple of threads.

part number is Q1271-60629

You have to phone it in - 1-800-227-8164 - not available online or from stores
Title: 3" adapter kit for HP Z3100/2100 2" spindle
Post by: dandeliondigital on January 01, 2008, 09:44:11 pm
Quote
I want to get a spare set of 3" adapter kit to convert the standard 2" core spindle of the HP Z3100/2100 printer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164436\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Thomas,
I have a scrap of paper on my desk and I've been meaning to ask this same question.

When I got my Z3100ps GP, I bought 2 add'l spindles, For some strange unknow reason, I got one black one and one gray one, and each came with adapters, but they each had different styles. IMHO, one is great and the other is not so great.

Go figure. Here's the distinction----one has a really nice 2>3" adapter that is kinda like a space capsule nose cone. The nice one came with the gray spindle. (the inferior one looks like they were trying to save plastic, and they are _NOT_ in terchangeable, BTW.

So, is that your case? And is the recommendation of this list right, given that there are two different styles of 2>3" adapters? Life sure gets complicated doesn't it?

Let me know and...

So long for now, TOM
Title: 3" adapter kit for HP Z3100/2100 2" spindle
Post by: dandeliondigital on January 01, 2008, 10:32:29 pm
I forgot to note that the numbers I found are...

Q1271-40425

&

Q5669-40686

Oddly enought the number recommended Q1271-60629 doesn't appear on my spindle adapters.

Sure would like to get a set or two of the nose cone variety of 2>3" adapters!

Thanks, and so long for now, TOM
Title: 3" adapter kit for HP Z3100/2100 2" spindle
Post by: rdonson on January 02, 2008, 11:17:03 am
Quote
I forgot to note that the numbers I found are...

Q1271-40425

&

Q5669-40686

Oddly enought the number recommended Q1271-60629 doesn't appear on my spindle adapters.

Sure would like to get a set or two of the nose cone variety of 2>3" adapters!

Thanks, and so long for now, TOM
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164502\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you search the forums you'll find that Q1271-60629 has been verified a few times as the correct part.
Title: 3" adapter kit for HP Z3100/2100 2" spindle
Post by: Yangt26224 on January 03, 2008, 12:04:02 pm
Quote
If you search the forums you'll find that Q1271-60629 has been verified a few times as the correct part.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164582\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks every one...........  

Thomas