Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: duraace on December 30, 2007, 10:15:00 pm
-
While not cheap ($500), it's a pittance compared to other Spectrocolorimeter systems. Does it work? Is it effective in creating your own custom profiles? This would be for use with the Epson 3800 under OS X.
-
I have this system, and am pretty happy with it. Its certainly more work to use than the more expensive systems. The profiles I've created with it work quite well however. The software also allows you a fair amount of room for tweaking the profiles according to lighting environments, and personal preferences.
While not cheap ($500), it's a pittance compared to other Spectrocolorimeter systems. Does it work? Is it effective in creating your own custom profiles? This would be for use with the Epson 3800 under OS X.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164143\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
The Eye One Photo LT package *was* not much more.
It was $530 net at B&H until 12/31 after a $200 rebate. You then needed to buy the RGB Output module for $200 after using a 50% off coupon that comes in the Photo LT package (it ships with an "easy" version.) So $730 total.
The rebate ran for 9 months. Keep a watch to see if they add it back on.
-
I have this system, and am pretty happy with it. Its certainly more work to use than the more expensive systems. The profiles I've created with it work quite well however. The software also allows you a fair amount of room for tweaking the profiles according to lighting environments, and personal preferences.
How many patches are you printing for your profiles? I understand the most is 729 - how long does it take to scan this number of patches with the spectro?
Thanks,
Mark