Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: freedda on December 28, 2007, 01:30:09 pm
-
I have an HP 7960 that has been sitting idle for a few years now and the cartridges--though still in the packages--are way out of date.
I'd like to start printing again with this printer, using only b/w mode. I read somewhere that in this mode, it only uses the no. 59 cartridge and I'm wondering if this is true?
If it is true that this printer uses only the no. 59 cartridge in BW printing, than I'll only buy a new one of these, and not all three cartridges.
Best, David
-
Hi david, I have the 7960 with a load of 59 grey cartridges. I've never noticed the colour inks going down when I print in greyscale. It's had the same two colour cartridges fitted since I got it second hand last year! Don't know what paper you use but I get very good results from PermaJet Ultra matt, use the best glossy settings for HP in the printer driver and your'e good to go.
Cheersd, Lol
-
I get very good results from PermaJet Ultra matt.
Cheersd, Lol
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164172\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You can use matte papers with these dye inks and get good looking results, but they have no longevity. Prints start to fade quickly, which is why HP doesn't sell a matte paper for these printers.
Best, David.
-
I guess it depends on how you define longevity. I've had one on matt paper in a shop window for 6 months with absolutely no sign of fading