Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: jpgentry on December 27, 2007, 12:03:17 am

Title: Colors Gone Mad
Post by: jpgentry on December 27, 2007, 12:03:17 am
I've been using LR on an XP 32bit machine with a calibrated monitor etc.  I have upgraded to a new Vista 64bit machine and I copied over all of my photos and the enitre LR directory and databases out of My Pictures to the new computer.

When I open the images in LR they look crazy oversaturated oranges and colors.  Almost like colorspace is wrong.  Anyone knwo what could have happened?

EDIT: just a bit more info.  Adobe CS3 also looks wacked out.  When I select "As Shot" in Camera Raw 4.3.1 all the images look totally oversaturated.  

I calibrated my monitor.  This is weird.

More info - When I view pictures in Windows Explorer the look as I would expect them but when I veiw them in a color aware program like Lightroom, CS3 etc they look crazy.

-Jonathan Gentry
Title: Colors Gone Mad
Post by: jpgentry on December 27, 2007, 01:10:59 am
Well it's fixed. That was crazy.  I reprofiled the monitor and colors now look normal in LR and CS3.  

Vista (or at least 64bit) is one crazy OS at this point.