Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: willie45 on December 26, 2007, 08:56:12 am

Title: R 1800 with CS3 Preview is mad
Post by: willie45 on December 26, 2007, 08:56:12 am
Hi

I have a bit of an odd issue here.

I am using Leopard 10.5.1 and Adobe Photoshop CS3 10.0.1. with an Epson R1800.  All software, drivers etc are the latest ones.

When I set up an image to print on the R1800 and then look at the preivew the colours are pretty bad. There is a strong yellowish tinge to the photograph which seems pale and bright also. The actual print looks considerably better but obviously I would like to preview what I am likely to get before pressing the print button.

I am wondering if the preview is applying the profile again or whether there is a problem with Apple's preview? Is there a setting I am missing? Previously I had a similar preview problem and the print also was very bad. The print is much better since installing the new drivers, so my conclusion is that this preview thing is a separate problem.

All help gratefully received.

Willie