Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: BJNY on December 24, 2007, 11:09:03 pm

Title: Hasselblad electronic cable release alternatives
Post by: BJNY on December 24, 2007, 11:09:03 pm
I'm looking for an electronic cable release that works with Hasselblad H-series camera bodies that's longer than their own Remote Cord H.  Ideally, it could also lock up the mirror.  Has anyone found a cable with this functionality, or has some enterprising company (such as Capture Integration) OEM'ed a custom solution?
Thanks for any replies,
Billy
Title: Hasselblad electronic cable release alternatives
Post by: jing q on December 25, 2007, 12:58:43 am
Quote
I'm looking for an electronic cable release that works with Hasselblad H-series camera bodies that's longer than their own Remote Cord H.  Ideally, it could also lock up the mirror.  Has anyone found a cable with this functionality, or has some enterprising company (such as Capture Integration) OEM'ed a custom solution?
Thanks for any replies,
Billy
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=162971\")

it's easy enough to create one just by getting the right input jack (if I 'remember correctly it's a miniphone plug?)
anyway there are some OEM solutions out there like this one (not exactly what you're looking for...but just to give you a headsup )

[a href=\"http://www.mysimon.com/9015-11638_8-41940597.html]http://www.mysimon.com/9015-11638_8-41940597.html[/url]
Title: Hasselblad electronic cable release alternatives
Post by: Dustbak on December 25, 2007, 03:08:18 am
I bought one of those via Ebay for around 10USD. Remote release, though it doesn't do the MUP but besides that it works like a charm. I am very happy with it.

It is a radio transmitter so it doesn't need a line of sight.
Title: Hasselblad electronic cable release alternatives
Post by: yaya on December 25, 2007, 06:22:07 am
Quote
I'm looking for an electronic cable release that works with Hasselblad H-series camera bodies that's longer than their own Remote Cord H.  Ideally, it could also lock up the mirror.  Has anyone found a cable with this functionality, or has some enterprising company (such as Capture Integration) OEM'ed a custom solution?
Thanks for any replies,
Billy
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=162971\")

You can extend the H one using these and some basic soldering skills:

Cable: [a href=\"http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1=119=30m11]http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1=119=30m11[/url]
Jack: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1=1126=30m11 (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1=1126=30m11)
Extension socket: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1=1138=30m11 (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1=1138=30m11)

I made a 15 metre one a few years ago to trigger a Contax on a car shoot

Yair
Title: Hasselblad electronic cable release alternatives
Post by: Bernd B. on December 30, 2007, 08:16:57 am
Quote
I bought one of those via Ebay for around 10USD. Remote release, though it doesn't do the MUP but besides that it works like a charm. I am very happy with it.

It is a radio transmitter so it doesn't need a line of sight.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162983\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


Is there any cable that does the MLU ?
Title: Hasselblad electronic cable release alternatives
Post by: Dustbak on December 30, 2007, 09:15:29 am
Not that I am aware of, if there is I would love to know! The radio remote for 10bucks I can really recommend. A lot of fun to use.

Do you also hate the mirror slap from hell? The HC lenses are so excellent when that darn mirror is out of the way.
Title: Hasselblad electronic cable release alternatives
Post by: Bernd B. on December 30, 2007, 10:53:40 am
Quote
Not that I am aware of, if there is I would love to know! The radio remote for 10bucks I can really recommend. A lot of fun to use.

Do you also hate the mirror slap from hell? The HC lenses are so excellent when that darn mirror is out of the way.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164023\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Probably not as much as you do? My favorite camera system was the Pentax 67. With a 165 or 200mm you only could work with a 1/500 th. The only handheld tests I made with my H3D was with the 80mm. At 1/160 th sharpness was fine (delay 50ms). I´m also used to shoot people with tripod. Not as spontaneous as handheld, but it works.

Recently I´ve been to a Leaf AFi demo and did some shots with a WLF and an 80mm at f/2,8 1/320. The Hy6 seems to have almost no mirror vibration. But, big suprise: my handheld pictures with the H3D, at f/2,8 1/160th, were much sharper. OK, a five minute test shoot is not fair, but ...

All in all I think the H3D is a quite good camera. I now have the 28, 35, 50, 80, 100, 150 and 210mm now, but very little experience with the whole system.

I played arround a bit with Raw Developer. There is a bew version 1.7.2 with improvements for Hasselblad cameras available. The results are fine, but still, I haven´t got enough experience with it. I have the impression that I have to work arround a lot to get a good result from the files.

Much other trouble, christmas, my father is sick, and so on ...

I also have the radio remote from china. It is ok for special purposes, but for people it has too much delay.