Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: sloow on December 23, 2007, 08:18:15 pm

Title: funny error message
Post by: sloow on December 23, 2007, 08:18:15 pm
Came across this message in the printer log. I didn't know the printer had a babysitting service. Am I  a bad person for letting my process die? PS I have since upgraded the firmware. Hopefully no more deaths.

(http://lux.ca/files/DSC00824.jpg)
Title: funny error message
Post by: TMcCulley on December 24, 2007, 01:46:28 am
You are the parent.  It was the babysitter's fault.
Legally you are safe.

Tom
Title: funny error message
Post by: rdonson on December 25, 2007, 10:38:49 am
The HP Z is a very sophisticated piece of equipment.  I'm surprised that HP doesn't tout all the subsystems and the use of web services between the printer and computers but a message like this probably isn't out of the ordinary.  One way of looking at the Z is that its a computer that sprays ink.