Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: chris anderson on December 20, 2007, 03:40:05 pm
-
When you print the diagnostic print from the menu on the printer, are all the lines it prints, complete, or are you missing spots? After 7 weeks of headaches, HP sent me a new Z and the same thing is happening? Anybody else????
Chris
-
When you print the diagnostic print from the menu on the printer, are all the lines it prints, complete, or are you missing spots? After 7 weeks of headaches, HP sent me a new Z and the same thing is happening? Anybody else????
Chris
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162111\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I don't have the diagnostic printouts any longer, but I recall thinking that they looked like some of the lines didn't print completely, but it wasn't obvious if this was intentional or not.
-
When you print the diagnostic print from the menu on the printer, are all the lines it prints, complete, or are you missing spots? After 7 weeks of headaches, HP sent me a new Z and the same thing is happening? Anybody else????
Chris
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162111\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hmmmm.... honestly I haven't printed the diagnostic since I first set the printer up.
-
Hmmmm.... honestly I haven't printed the diagnostic since I first set the printer up.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162137\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
if its not to much trouble, pop one out and tell me what you see! On the epsons or the canons, the missing sections mean a clogged print head, but this thing is new, and i tried several different print heads....
-
When you print the diagnostic print from the menu on the printer, are all the lines it prints, complete, or are you missing spots? After 7 weeks of headaches, HP sent me a new Z and the same thing is happening? Anybody else????
Chris
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162111\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
after 1 year of medium usage with the z3100 I have 1 failing inkhead and the diagnostic print gives me only on one color 2 or 3 spots missing- wich is no problem.
-
if its not to much trouble, pop one out and tell me what you see! On the epsons or the canons, the missing sections mean a clogged print head, but this thing is new, and i tried several different print heads....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162154\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I printed the diagnostic. I sure wish they'd recognize that I had a roll in and optimize the print for the width of the roll. Oh, well.
Using an 8X loupe - by print head:
E - very difficult to see: didn't see any problems
G - one broken portion of line, one elevated portion of line
B - two misaligned portions of line
GN - two broken portions of line, one very light portion of line
M - one broken portion of line
Y - very difficult to see: didn't see any problems
LM - perfect
LC - perfect
PK - one broken portion of line
LG - perfect
MK - one broken portion of line
R - perfect
Hope this helps...
-
When you print the diagnostic print from the menu on the printer, are all the lines it prints, complete, or are you missing spots? After 7 weeks of headaches, HP sent me a new Z and the same thing is happening? Anybody else????
Chris
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162111\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
As I recall, the original diagnostic print page looked pretty hideous, but the instructions were to ignore this. First "real" print looked great, as has every one since. I'm presuming the diagnostic page shows the misfiring printheads which are then "mapped out" and replaced by working heads.
'course, I could be wrong.
-
I printed the diagnostic. I sure wish they'd recognize that I had a roll in and optimize the print for the width of the roll. Oh, well.
Using an 8X loupe - by print head:
E - very difficult to see: didn't see any problems
G - one broken portion of line, one elevated portion of line
B - two misaligned portions of line
GN - two broken portions of line, one very light portion of line
M - one broken portion of line
Y - very difficult to see: didn't see any problems
LM - perfect
LC - perfect
PK - one broken portion of line
LG - perfect
MK - one broken portion of line
R - perfect
Hope this helps...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162161\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
so the "missing" sections are ok?? Isthat what you guys are told by HP?
Thanks for everyone taking a look!!
c
-
Imperfect lines seem to be the norm, mine has never had a perfect printout but there are very few broken lines per color. Supposedly nozzles are remapped to keep the printer quality constant. Never had a clogging issue either that affected my prints.
- Doug
-
so the "missing" sections are ok?? Isthat what you guys are told by HP?
Thanks for everyone taking a look!!
c
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162203\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Chris,
Just for the heck of it I ran a head alignment and cleaning and printed the diagnostic theagain. Other than suffering from eye strain most everything looked better than I originally reported. The exception is the MK which show more missing sections. The printer also reports that MK is "very low" on ink.
In any case my prints look great and I'm getting the feeling that we're just "pixel peeping" the printer.
I've not had any communications with HP about these diagnostics.
-
Chris,
Just for the heck of it I ran a head alignment and cleaning and printed the diagnostic theagain. Other than suffering from eye strain most everything looked better than I originally reported. The exception is the MK which show more missing sections. The printer also reports that MK is "very low" on ink.
In any case my prints look great and I'm getting the feeling that we're just "pixel peeping" the printer.
I've not had any communications with HP about these diagnostics.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162294\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I guess my concern was because of the missing gaps i was getting I thought I was having printhead failure or another problem.
So what you guys are telling me is shut up, its fine and print, right?
thanks!
C
-
I guess my concern was because of the missing gaps i was getting I thought I was having printhead failure or another problem.
So what you guys are telling me is shut up, its fine and print, right?
thanks!
C
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=162331\")
Nahhhhh.... we'd never say shut up. Just go ahead and print and enjoy the printer. If you see something amiss then try to figure it out.
If you get bored and want to bone up on HP's nozzle testing [a href=\"http://z3100users.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/TechNotable_Nozzle_Testing.pdf]click here.[/url]
Happy holidays, Chris, and may the light and ink be with you.