Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mrkahn on December 19, 2007, 07:39:03 pm
-
I just received a box of Epson's new Exhibition Fiber paper 17 x 22 from IT Supplies at a nice price. Problem is that the paper was wrapped in a black bag that was cut open and not resealed. More importantly, the paper did not have an Epson logo on the back so I'm not sure that it's the real thing. I know they russed out the product and was wondering if anyone else purchased the 17 x 22 size and found a missing logo?
Thanks,
Malcolm
-
I just received a box of Epson's new Exhibition Fiber paper 17 x 22 from IT Supplies at a nice price. Problem is that the paper was wrapped in a black bag that was cut open and not resealed. More importantly, the paper did not have an Epson logo on the back so I'm not sure that it's the real thing. I know they russed out the product and was wondering if anyone else purchased the 17 x 22 size and found a missing logo?
Thanks,
Malcolm
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161863\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You will not find the Epson logo on the pro series paper anymore. They had many complaints about the logo on the back of the paper from pro's so they took it off.
-
You will not find the Epson logo on the pro series paper anymore. They had many complaints about the logo on the back of the paper from pro's so they took it off.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161866\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Marty,
Thanks for the heads-up. I thought I got ripped off since the package was opened. Is there any other way to tall if its' the real deal?
Thanks
-
Marty,
Thanks for the heads-up. I thought I got ripped off since the package was opened. Is there any other way to tall if its' the real deal?
Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161868\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Print on it, using the Pixel Genius profile. You will be able to tell by the excellent color.
-
Print on it, using the Pixel Genius profile. You will be able to tell by the excellent color.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161872\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
How is the Exhitition Fiber Paper different than Epson Luster on gamut, Dmax, or just overall tonality.
I really want something with the vivid pop of luster without the reflective character.
I am printuing with the Epson 4880.
Thanks in advance.
-
I just received a box of Epson's new Exhibition Fiber paper 17 x 22 from IT Supplies at a nice price. Problem is that the paper was wrapped in a black bag that was cut open and not resealed. More importantly, the paper did not have an Epson logo on the back so I'm not sure that it's the real thing. I know they russed out the product and was wondering if anyone else purchased the 17 x 22 size and found a missing logo?
Thanks,
Malcolm
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161863\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Malcolm:
I also got a box of 17x22 from IT Supplies. The box was sealed, but I don't think the black plastic bag was sealed, just folded over (but not cut). I will check for a logo. The protective sheets were yellowish, and the paper was heavy with a beautiful sheen.
Was your box sealed?
Glenn
-
My box was sealed with tape and, while the paper looks great, there was only 1 protective paper over the top sheet only. No seperators between the others which didn't surprise me at all since the backing seems soft.
Did you box come with seperators for all sheets?
Thanks,
Malcolm
-
The package I got also only had one yellow protective sheet and the black "bag" wasn't sealed.
I'm pretty sure your package is fine.
BTW I've dealt with IT Supplies for a few years and they've always been great.