Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: feppe on December 19, 2007, 11:05:46 am

Title: Class action suit against HP
Post by: feppe on December 19, 2007, 11:05:46 am
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071...ink-prices.html (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071218-hp-and-staples-accused-of-colluding-on-printer-ink-prices.html)

Hopefully this will turn out better for the consumer than when Epson went to court on a closely related subject:

http://www.epsonsettlement.com/Faq.htm (http://www.epsonsettlement.com/Faq.htm)
Title: Class action suit against HP
Post by: ARD on December 19, 2007, 02:21:19 pm
Quote
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071...ink-prices.html (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071218-hp-and-staples-accused-of-colluding-on-printer-ink-prices.html)

Hopefully this will turn out better for the consumer than when Epson went to court on a closely related subject:

http://www.epsonsettlement.com/Faq.htm (http://www.epsonsettlement.com/Faq.htm)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161738\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Interesting. I have always used manufacturers inks as the profile I had built was based on this, although I am looking to buy a profiler in the near future.

I would be interested to know though if manufacturers inks are that superior to third party as reflected in the price difference