Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: felix5616 on December 19, 2007, 07:17:55 am

Title: HP Z3100 24" Printer
Post by: felix5616 on December 19, 2007, 07:17:55 am
I would like to know what the narrowest width paper people are using on their HP Z3100 24" printer. HP claime the narrowest paper is 17", i have heard but can not confirm that 13" paper will work.
Title: HP Z3100 24" Printer
Post by: Geoff Wittig on December 19, 2007, 07:21:29 am
Quote
I would like to know what the narrowest width paper people are using on their HP Z3100 24" printer. HP claime the narrowest paper is 17", i have heard but can not confirm that 13" paper will work.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161709\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Umm...why would you want to? Isn't the whole point of a large format printer...you know...printing large?
Title: HP Z3100 24" Printer
Post by: Mary K on December 19, 2007, 07:44:43 am
My HP Z3100 44" printer will handle letter size sheet paper, and I have also printed on 13" roll papers.
Title: HP Z3100 24" Printer
Post by: garyfcampbell on December 19, 2007, 04:26:43 pm
You need 13" paper to calibrate the printer, but I have printed 8x10 inch sheets.  They are a pain to get aligned.
Title: HP Z3100 24" Printer
Post by: rdonson on December 19, 2007, 05:47:56 pm
Quote
I would like to know what the narrowest width paper people are using on their HP Z3100 24" printer. HP claime the narrowest paper is 17", i have heard but can not confirm that 13" paper will work.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161709\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I believe that Ernst or Neil have answered this definitively in the past and that the minimum is a 13" roll.  Ernst had a metric calculation that translated to 13".