Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: sniper on December 19, 2007, 07:05:28 am

Title: twin monitor setup with lightroom?
Post by: sniper on December 19, 2007, 07:05:28 am
I am treating myself to a new PC for Christmas, it's got a twin monitor setup (my first) any advice on using it with lightroom, I know with photoshop I can drag the pallettes off onto the second screen, can I do the same with lightroom???   any other tips anybody  ?     Thanks Wayne
Title: twin monitor setup with lightroom?
Post by: tomrock on December 19, 2007, 08:15:24 am
LR only supports one monitor so put LR on one and PS on the other.
Title: twin monitor setup with lightroom?
Post by: paulbk on December 19, 2007, 08:49:15 pm
You can drag LR across two monitors if you want but there's no advantage, and a big disadvantage. The photo edit window centers on the split between the monitors. In Photoshop you can keep all your tool boxes open on one monitor and edit window on the other. I do this. Works good.
p
Title: twin monitor setup with lightroom?
Post by: stevecoleccs on December 19, 2007, 10:06:20 pm
Don't sweat it- LR 2.0 will support two monitors, thumbnails / tools & preview. But when
will LR 2.o be available....


~ cole
Title: twin monitor setup with lightroom?
Post by: sniper on December 20, 2007, 11:06:00 am
Thanks for the replies everybody, looks like I'll have to wait for 2.0 to get the best out of it.   Thanks  Wayne
Title: twin monitor setup with lightroom?
Post by: john beardsworth on December 20, 2007, 01:10:10 pm
Or get a big screen instead of two smaller ones?

John
Title: twin monitor setup with lightroom?
Post by: rdonson on December 20, 2007, 03:24:15 pm
Does your PC support color managing two monitors?  If it doesn't will having two monitors with Lightroom be a real advantage?
Title: twin monitor setup with lightroom?
Post by: billg71 on December 20, 2007, 06:00:07 pm
I use LR with two 19" monitors. I drag the left side, putting the left panel onto the second monitor. That gives me more image space on the primary(right) monitor and I don't have to use the Hide feature while hunting through folders for organizing, selecting Develop presets, etc.

 I adjust the panel width in all modules so the break comes on the border between the monitors. It's kinda kludgey but it works.

Bill