Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Peter Frahm on December 17, 2007, 07:17:29 pm

Title: Quadtone RIP GLossy Black profiles for 7800
Post by: Peter Frahm on December 17, 2007, 07:17:29 pm
I just started playing with the Quadtone RIP on my 7800. Seems there are only MK profiles in the folder for that printer.

Does anyone have a source for PK profiles for the 7800 on QTR? I'm looking for profiles for Innova Ultra Smooth Gloss and Epson Exhibition Fiber.. similar papers, I fiigure the Ultra Smooth Innova might exist somewhere since EEF is only just making it to the warehouses.


I'm not equipped to make profiles and I would love to see how this RIP handles printing with PK.

Trying to avoid uprading my Imageprint...$

Also, I'm assuming that when headed for printing with a glossy paper (PK ink) that you should convert your image to the "QTR rgb Photo Paper" profile?

I have lot's of questions regarding getting a neutral bw result with QTR. Maybe if an QTR expert pops in I can bend an ear.

Thanks
Title: Quadtone RIP GLossy Black profiles for 7800
Post by: Richowens on December 18, 2007, 01:45:27 am
You might check the Yahoo Quadtone RIP group

 HERE (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QuadtoneRIP)

 Rich
Title: Quadtone RIP GLossy Black profiles for 7800
Post by: Peter Frahm on December 18, 2007, 11:46:52 am
Thanks Rich,


I joined the other day and put up a post. Not much in the Files section as far pk profiles...none for for the 7800's a few for some smaller printers.

Peter