Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dajaka on December 17, 2007, 11:10:12 am

Title: HP Z3100 printing problem (overspray??)
Post by: dajaka on December 17, 2007, 11:10:12 am
I'm having a problem printing an image from Illustrator. I don't think the problem is with Illustrator.

There are thick black lines forming a frame on a colored background. There is ghosting to the left of the lines looking like the black ink is still printing slightly for a while.

I scanned a section of the image (and added some information)

image link:

http://snipr.com/1vewt-zmknh5 (http://snipr.com/1vewt-zmknh5)

I'm using the latest firmware and drivers printing from a Macintosh. The print quality is set to best. I'm printing directly from Illustrator not using any RIP. I have a vanilla Z3100 no PS.

I'll call HP later today but wondered if anyone has experienced this problem.

Thanks.
Title: HP Z3100 printing problem (overspray??)
Post by: rdonson on December 17, 2007, 01:49:25 pm
Search this forum and the z3100 wiki.  Lots of conversations and examples of overspray.