Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: John McDermott on December 16, 2007, 11:24:42 pm

Title: MS Vist compatailitya
Post by: John McDermott on December 16, 2007, 11:24:42 pm
I have searched the forum as well as Adobe's site and the best I came up with is a statement that Lightroom 1.0 is not compatable until Adobe certifies it. It is now 1.3.1 and two months after Adobe's knowledgebase article date stamp. Has Lightroom been certified for Vista yet?
Title: MS Vist compatailitya
Post by: Schewe on December 16, 2007, 11:47:56 pm
Yes...it was Vista compatible last June when they released version 1.1.
Title: MS Vist compatailitya
Post by: sniper on December 17, 2007, 03:40:08 am
It works on my Vista laptop (although CS3 won't)   Wayne
Title: MS Vist compatailitya
Post by: seamus finn on December 17, 2007, 08:00:16 am
Yup, Lightroom 1.3.1 works on Vista.

I couldn't open CS3 on Vista until I discovered turning off my User Account allowed CS3 to work. Go to Control Panel>User Accounts>Turn User Account Control On/Off>untick the box and click OK.

Every time you open Vista, you will get a message on the bottom right of your screen alerting you that User Account needs your attentioion. Ignore it.

Whenever I retick the user box, CS3 won't open.
Try it anyway - it worked for me. Perhaps it's something Adobe should have a look at.
Title: MS Vist compatailitya
Post by: sniper on December 17, 2007, 08:37:13 am
Thanks Seamus, I'll give it a try when I have the time.  Wayne