Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Koodak on December 16, 2007, 11:26:33 am

Title: Lightroom Importing Problems.
Post by: Koodak on December 16, 2007, 11:26:33 am
Help!      I have  a Mac Pro running Leopard.

Sometimes I want to search my hard drive for photos that I have on the drive but are not in lightroom.

Everytime I try this it seems to duplicate all the photo files on the disk creating mounds of duplicate files. I check  do not import suspected dups. but it still happens

What am I doing wrong.



Second question.

How do you go from lightroom to Capture NX and wind up with a nef file. It seems to always turn it into a Tiff?

Thanks,

Roger
Title: Lightroom Importing Problems.
Post by: Koodak on December 18, 2007, 09:49:27 am
Gee Wiz  Cant any one help??  I am going crazy
Title: Lightroom Importing Problems.
Post by: francois on December 18, 2007, 11:24:36 am
Quote
Help!      I have  a Mac Pro running Leopard.

Sometimes I want to search my hard drive for photos that I have on the drive but are not in lightroom.

Everytime I try this it seems to duplicate all the photo files on the disk creating mounds of duplicate files. I check  do not import suspected dups. but it still happens

What am I doing wrong.
Second question.

How do you go from lightroom to Capture NX and wind up with a nef file. It seems to always turn it into a Tiff?

Thanks,

Roger
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161024\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Q 1> You probably use Lightroom "copy files into LR library" instead of "importing in the current location" import method. This is just a guess as I'm not sure how & where your files are stored on your hard drive. The "don't import duplucates" should take care of that, though.

Q 2> It's not possible. Rendering a file using Lightroom will give you jpeg, tiff, dng, psd but not NEF.
Title: Lightroom Importing Problems.
Post by: john beardsworth on December 18, 2007, 12:19:03 pm
As you're on the Mac, you can drag an NEF file to the Capture icon on the dock. Adobe have failed to implement drag and drop on Windows.

Remember no-one owes you an answer.

John
Title: Lightroom Importing Problems.
Post by: francois on December 18, 2007, 12:35:45 pm
Quote
As you're on the Mac, you can drag an NEF file to the Capture icon on the dock. Adobe have failed to implement drag and drop on Windows.

Remember no-one owes you an answer.

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161467\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I might have misunderstood the OP? I thought he wanted to render the file in Lightroom and then export it as a NEF file (with LR settings).
Title: Lightroom Importing Problems.
Post by: Koodak on December 18, 2007, 11:26:31 pm
Quote
As you're on the Mac, you can drag an NEF file to the Capture icon on the dock. Adobe have failed to implement drag and drop on Windows.

Remember no-one owes you an answer.

John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161467\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: Lightroom Importing Problems.
Post by: Koodak on December 18, 2007, 11:28:07 pm
Thanks

The drag and drop on to NX seems to be what I needed