Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: PhillyPhotographer on December 11, 2007, 06:02:32 pm
-
How do I get 17 x 11 borderless cut prints on 17" roll paper on my Epson 4880 ?
-
Having just looked at the Epson Pro Imaging Web Site I found that that borderless printing on the 4880 is only on sheet fed paper. So the answer to your question is to reorient the print so it prints 11" wide and 17" long and cut it out. I just reread the site and they say it will print 17.16" wide and has margins or 0 or 3 mm.
Other Epson printers I have used R1800 & 2400 have a check box on printer driver page for borderless printing
Good luck
Tom
PS. One more thing that I found out on my R1800 was I have to create a custom paper size to match the print size. Never tried it on the 2400.
-
Having just looked at the Epson Pro Imaging Web Site I found that that borderless printing on the 4880 is only on sheet fed paper. So the answer to your question is to reorient the print so it prints 11" wide and 17" long and cut it out. I just reread the site and they say it will print 17.16" wide and has margins or 0 or 3 mm.
Other Epson printers I have used R1800 & 2400 have a check box on printer driver page for borderless printing
Good luck
Tom
PS. One more thing that I found out on my R1800 was I have to create a custom paper size to match the print size. Never tried it on the 2400.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=160023\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It prints to the border left and right but you supposed to be able to tell it where to cut the top and bottom.
-
The settings should be the equivalent of:
Roll paper (banner), Borderless checked, retain size, normal cut.
User defined paper size, paper width 17.00 inches, height 11.00 inches
Note that you will need to be using one of the 250 or 260 paper types with the machine set to roll/cut otherwise the printer will assume the paper has too much curl and will feed out a longer leader.
For the 9880 driver "retain size" is the only option with this size for some reason so you will need to make the image slightly larger than 17 inches to avoid a sliver of white on one edge (like 17 1/4 inch).
The epson's will only print borderless at the positions that have a sponge in the bed of the printer to soak up overspray.
Hope this helps but all I have is a 4000 and 9880 so I'm giving the RMS settings.
Doug