Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: ivan muller on December 09, 2007, 12:23:49 pm

Title: hp Z2100
Post by: ivan muller on December 09, 2007, 12:23:49 pm
Hi,
Ok, I know the z3100 is better, but how good is the z2100 compared to the rest. Would I get the same quality as with my B9180? I use mostly the matte papers, H Smooth fine art and water colour papers. I would probably mostly use the same papers plus some canvas with the Z2100. I print mostly B&W.

On another note, is there an acceptable archival process whereby I can glue the canvas onto board for a block mount look, perhaps with a thin frame?

Many thanks, Ivan
Title: hp Z2100
Post by: Geoff Wittig on December 09, 2007, 04:51:24 pm
Quote
Hi,
Ok, I know the z3100 is better, but how good is the z2100 compared to the rest. Would I get the same quality as with my B9180? I use mostly the matte papers, H Smooth fine art and water colour papers. I would probably mostly use the same papers plus some canvas with the Z2100. I print mostly B&W.

On another note, is there an acceptable archival process whereby I can glue the canvas onto board for a block mount look, perhaps with a thin frame?

Many thanks, Ivan
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159482\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


The Z2100 uses the identical inkset used by your B9180. The Z3100 provides an extra grey, gloss enhancer and primary color inks; in principle it will yield slightly smoother tonal transitions in B&W prints and a somewhat wider gamut. Once you start ponying up thousands for a printer and when you look at the life cycle costs of paper and ink, the incremental cost of jumping from the Z2100 to the Z3100 starts looking trivial.