Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: freedda on December 08, 2007, 12:38:55 pm

Title: suggest for LL, date the reviews
Post by: freedda on December 08, 2007, 12:38:55 pm
I was just looking at reviews for two noise reduction programs, Neat Image and Noise Ninja.  They both got good reviews, and it seems there were more ravs for Neat Image, however, without the date of the review, it was hard to compare them, since I didn't know if one was a few years older and hence not the latest version.

I'd suggest dating the review pages to help with this.

Thanks, David.
Title: suggest for LL, date the reviews
Post by: Richowens on December 08, 2007, 03:02:59 pm
David,

 Dates of the reviews were in both reviews. Neatimage was spring of 2003 and Noise Ninja was about March of 2004.

 Both products have evolved since then and the best way to evaluate them for your own purpose is to try them out. They both have trial versions to try before you lay down your money.

 Rich
Title: suggest for LL, date the reviews
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 08, 2007, 03:03:24 pm
Quote
I was just looking at reviews for two noise reduction programs, Neat Image and Noise Ninja.  They both got good reviews, and it seems there were more ravs for Neat Image, however, without the date of the review, it was hard to compare them, since I didn't know if one was a few years older and hence not the latest version.

I'd suggest dating the review pages to help with this.

Thanks, David.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159258\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I've thought this on numerous occasions!

Jeremy
Title: suggest for LL, date the reviews
Post by: kaelaria on December 08, 2007, 11:20:38 pm
Quote
David,

 Dates of the reviews were in both reviews.
 Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159300\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]


No they are not.  

The review section is not dated - something that would be a great addition.

There are some date references in the revieew articles, but they are NOT the dates of the reviews.  Most reviews don't even have that, so it's a pretty wild guess as to the review date.
Title: suggest for LL, date the reviews
Post by: michael on December 09, 2007, 05:05:09 am
For several years early on I didn't date reviews. I have been dating them in the lower right corner of each report for about the past 3 years.

Michael