Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: sloow on December 07, 2007, 03:38:16 pm

Title: HP printer driver slow to load
Post by: sloow on December 07, 2007, 03:38:16 pm
Using a z3100 with a 1.5ghz mac powerbook G4 with 1.5 GB RAM. When I bring up the print dialog box for the printer, it takes a good 15-20 seconds to appear. Every time, regardless of whether the connection is USB or Ethernet.

Just wondering if this is an issue that others are experiencing, or if there's a setting somewhere I should be messing with.

thanks,
Paul
Title: HP printer driver slow to load
Post by: dajaka on December 07, 2007, 10:13:51 pm
I've noticed this as well with the latest firmware update. I didn't see this problem before.
Title: HP printer driver slow to load
Post by: A. Andrew Gonzalez on December 08, 2007, 02:28:12 am
Same problem here.... a bit of a pain
Mac Dual 2GHZ G5 2.5 GB SDRAM

Andrew
Title: HP printer driver slow to load
Post by: dkeyes on December 08, 2007, 02:54:22 am
I've had the same problem since the recent update. More like 10 secs delayed.

Mac G5 1.8 single, 2.5g ram, ethernet
Title: HP printer driver slow to load
Post by: deelight on December 11, 2007, 11:45:15 am
Quote
I've had the same problem since the recent update. More like 10 secs delayed.

Mac G5 1.8 single, 2.5g ram, ethernet
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=159195\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am in  the same boat... OSX 10.4.11
Title: HP printer driver slow to load
Post by: sloow on February 02, 2008, 01:47:30 am
Hi,

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Should I assume that everyone has to wait 10-15 seconds for the z3100 driver to load every time you hit print?

thank you,

Paul Litherland