Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: rugydp on December 02, 2007, 11:27:04 am

Title: Epson 3800, Lightroom & Leopard printing problem
Post by: rugydp on December 02, 2007, 11:27:04 am
Hi all,

I just printed an image on matte paper using "ultra smooth fine art paper" as medium in ABW mode with printer driver 6.10, Lightroom 1.3 on OS X 10.5.1. I saved the settings as a preset in Lightroom. As the image came out just perfect I wanted to reprint. But the printer settings are gone. Now "premium luster photo paper" is selected. Color density setting is back to 0%. But most strangely I can't select "ultra smooth fine art paper" anymore. All fine art paper setting are greyed out, not available anymore.

Is this a driver, OS or Lightroom problem? Has someone experienced similar problem with this kind of setup?

I remember to have read somewhere that Epson UK has 6.11 driver available but I can't find it. Can someone post a link to it?

Thank you for some help

rdp
Title: Epson 3800, Lightroom & Leopard printing problem
Post by: PeterTinson on December 03, 2007, 11:12:21 am
It could be that the paper source has also changed from the manual rear to the auto sheet feeder.
The fine art media needs the manual rear feed selected to be active.
peter
Title: Epson 3800, Lightroom & Leopard printing problem
Post by: rugydp on December 03, 2007, 01:12:52 pm
Thank you, Peter. You just gave me the idea to try and switch paper feed.

I just set the paper feed to front and then back to rear manual and suddently Ultra Smooth Fine Art is again selectable for one print. Next time I go printing, still on rear manual, settings are back to Premium Luster and Fine Art is not selectable anymore. I tried again and sometimes it works as expected, sometimes not. For the moment I will (as usual) have to check every setting before I print and change from rear to front if something went wrong.


Quote
It could be that the paper source has also changed from the manual rear to the auto sheet feeder.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157916\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]