Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Robert Spoecker on December 01, 2007, 08:17:45 am
-
I used to have an avatar on this site but have had to change my internet provider so I lost my web space the old provider alloted me.
The good news is that google has a free download of a program called Picasa that allots a user lots of disk space and an easy way to upload pictures to it. I have changed my avatar on another forum by pointing to my new Picasa site image and it works great.
I then tried to use the same URL on this forum to point to my new picture site but I could not do it. The space to enter the URL here is about 3 characters to short. The URL is ridiculously long so I cannot enter it correctly.
Is there any way to solve this? Maybe a short pointer to the long URL?
There might be no solution because I suspect neither the LL forum nor the google guys are going to be anxious to solve this problem, and I don't blame either one.
Robert
-
How about trying one of the URL-redirection services like "tinyurl". I haven't tried it myself, but I have seen it work in other situations.
Good luck! I want to see that beard again.
Eric
P.S. I just googled tinyurl and it is at tinyurl.com (http://tinyurl.com) and the service is free. Worth a try.
-
How about trying one of the URL-redirection services like "tinyurl". I haven't tried it myself, but I have seen it work in other situations.
Good luck! I want to see that beard again.
Eric
P.S. I just googled tinyurl and it is at tinyurl.com (http://tinyurl.com) and the service is free. Worth a try.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157468\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Eric
Thanks for the advice, I sure thought it should work but I could not make a go of it.
I then decided, why not try to find another free photo upload site and googling I soon found a site named Photobucket, signed up with them and uploaded my image. I then clicked with my right mouse button on the image on their site and copied the image address and pasted it into the appropriate place in the LL forum. It was nice and short and worked perfectly.
As you can see I am now in my winter job outfit and I appreciate your help. No lump of coal for you
Robert (AKA Santa)
-
You're looking good, Mr. Claus!
I'm glad you found a solution.
Eric