Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: pollardd on November 30, 2007, 05:32:24 pm
-
Has anyone tried using Epson's ABW print driver on Epson Proofing Paper Semimatte? In my recently purchased Epson 3800, ABW is grayed out for this paper. Any thoughts as to why (is it me, the paper or the printer)? Any recommendations as to which paper setting to select as an alternative, e.g. Premium Semi-gloss, Premium Luster, etc.?
Thank's in advance.
David
-
Has anyone tried using Epson's ABW print driver on Epson Proofing Paper Semimatte? In my recently purchased Epson 3800, ABW is grayed out for this paper. Any thoughts as to why (is it me, the paper or the printer)? Any recommendations as to which paper setting to select as an alternative, e.g. Premium Semi-gloss, Premium Luster, etc.?
Thank's in advance.
David
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157345\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I don't have the 3800, but am wondering which black inks you have loaded. I have the 4800 and some of the profiles for matte papers are greyed out since I use the Photo Black ink. I also prefer to print on semi matte finishes and have used the Epson Premium Photo SemiMatte 250 setting as the media choice.
-
Keith - thanks for the thought. The 3800 has both PK and MK loaded simultaneously so all papers are available at all times. When you cycle through the various media types ABW can be used for all the Premium and Fine Art papers but not the plain paper or lesser quality papers such as Photo Quality or Singleweight. Apparently Proofing Paper Semimatte must be considered a lesser quality paper, although I haven't found anything yet on Epson's web site on the subject. It appears that trial and error will be my only approach, using one of the other media types.
David