Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: rdonson on November 28, 2007, 09:14:08 pm

Title: HP APS registration now works
Post by: rdonson on November 28, 2007, 09:14:08 pm
I've never been able to register APS through the means provided with the software.  I always got this wonderful message.

(http://www.shutterfreaks.com/gallery21/main.php/d/22993-2/HP_APS_registration_failure.jpg)

Well, it was time once again to calibrate my monitor and afterwards I gave registration a try again.  Miracle upon miracle the registration now worked.
Title: HP APS registration now works
Post by: scubastu on November 29, 2007, 01:52:18 pm
I had that issue when I first got my Z3100.  A call to HP solved it as apparently Xrite had some problems with the server that they use to authenticate the APS.  I had to get a new serial number and the guy from HP did the registration for me.

Stu
Title: HP APS registration now works
Post by: rdonson on November 29, 2007, 09:31:46 pm
Quote
I had that issue when I first got my Z3100.  A call to HP solved it as apparently Xrite had some problems with the server that they use to authenticate the APS.  I had to get a new serial number and the guy from HP did the registration for me.

Stu
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157023\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I opened a problem ticket about this with Xrite when I first got APS.  I never heard a peep from them.  Since I could get updates and such I just never bothered to register but I would try periodically.  This time it worked.  I've never had to get another serial number.