Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: LarryGSR on November 28, 2007, 04:03:15 pm
-
Hi,
One more newbie, Can LR archive to CD or DVD and leave thumbnails in the catalog and if so how .
LarryGSR
-
I don't think LR will directly burn CDs or DVDs but you can export full files and then trigger your DVD burning software from export.
LR will retain the images in the catalog even for offline media. Off course, if the file referenced by the thumbnail is offline there isn't much you can do besides look at it (but that can be very useful)
-
I export each shoot I process as its own catalogue with previews. I then burn that catalogue and the RAW files to DVD using any DVD burning software. After a few months, when I know I won't need them I delete the RAW's and 1:1 previews from my main HDD. That way the thumnails are there for the DAM functions.
This is an addition to my general catalogue backups, so I now have two copies of each catalogue if needed.
Gordon
-
I don't think LR will directly burn CDs or DVDs but you can export full files and then trigger your DVD burning software from export.
LR will retain the images in the catalog even for offline media. Off course, if the file referenced by the thumbnail is offline there isn't much you can do besides look at it (but that can be very useful)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157346\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for the help. I just can't figure out how to do it. Do I make a catalog for each DVD (that could be a lot of catalogs) and is there a limit to how many thumbnails LR can hold?
Larry