Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on November 26, 2007, 09:34:05 am

Title: New photos from Oman with Canon G9
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 26, 2007, 09:34:05 am
Here are some new photos taken in Oman with the Powershot G9 (all from RAW). Links as follows:

http://www.paulobizarro.com/tema.asp?id=46 (http://www.paulobizarro.com/tema.asp?id=46)

(ISO 800, inside a cave)

http://www.paulobizarro.com/tema.asp?id=30 (http://www.paulobizarro.com/tema.asp?id=30)

(in the mountains, and visiting one old village)

I quite like this little camera. I am glad I had it with me when I visited the cave. This is because the guide would not allow "big cameras" inside, since apparently photography is prohibited (don't know why really, perhaps the flash?).
Title: New photos from Oman with Canon G9
Post by: jule on December 02, 2007, 04:10:04 pm
Quote
Here are some new photos taken in Oman with the Powershot G9 (all from RAW). Links as follows:

http://www.paulobizarro.com/tema.asp?id=46 (http://www.paulobizarro.com/tema.asp?id=46)

(ISO 800, inside a cave)



I quite like this little camera. I am glad I had it with me when I visited the cave. This is because the guide would not allow "big cameras" inside, since apparently photography is prohibited (don't know why really, perhaps the flash?).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=156078\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So am I right in assuming you were able to conceal and use your camera when photography was prohibited? ...... or did the guide allow 'little cameras' to be used to take photographs?

Julie
Title: New photos from Oman with Canon G9
Post by: feppe on December 02, 2007, 04:12:49 pm
Nice shots!

I noticed that most (all?) of the thumbnails for portrait photos are squished horizontally. I'm browsing with Firefox.
Title: New photos from Oman with Canon G9
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 03, 2007, 10:50:01 pm
Quote
So am I right in assuming you were able to conceal and use your camera when photography was prohibited? ...... or did the guide allow 'little cameras' to be used to take photographs?

Julie
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157711\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, I had the camera in a belt pouch, and went unnoticed. I am a geologist, so I appreciate the value of the geological formations, as well as the flora and fauna inside caves.

I have since discovered that the reason why photography is not allowed, is to promote the sales of postcards in the souvenir shop. Plus, I had no plans to use the flash whatsoever, and I have no plans to make moeny out of the photos I took.